Information

Ability to select available networks (like Wifi, 3G, EGDE, GPRS)

Informative prajakt on Nov 05, 2010 05:57 EDT

A blackberry application can select from 6 different types of network transports (BIS , BES , APN , WIFI , WAP2 , WAP) Right now the kony platform picks the best available transport(BIS or WIFI) and selects it. It should be relative easy for use to expose the option to app...

View all replies

Information

Best practice: Designing icons and indicators

Informative prajakt on Nov 03, 2010 09:53 EDT

> Use application icons and simple graphics that clearly represent the application, action, or component. > Use imagery that users are likely to recognize. For example, for an email message icon, users are more likely to recognize a postage stamp than a rural mailbox. Be aware that graphics can have different...

View all replies

Information

Best practice : Spinbox

Informative prajakt on Nov 03, 2010 09:50 EDT

> Use spin boxes for a list of sequential items. > Use drop-down lists for non-sequential items or items with irregular intervals. For a short list of non-sequential items, you can use a spin box to provide a more interactive experience for users. > Use an identifiable pattern for the sequence of...

View all replies

Information

Procedure for sideloading the application on Blackberry device

Informative prajakt on Oct 26, 2010 08:04 EDT

All the cod files related to non-touch devices are available in the location: 1 ) <eclipse_workspace>\temp\<project name>\build\luaj2me\blackberry\dist\ large-<appname>-bb.cod for large devices <appname>-bb.cod for medium devices small-<appname>-bb.cod for small devices 2) Related to touch-devices: <eclipse_workspace>\temp\<project name>\build\luaj2me\blackberry47\dist\ <appname>-bb-47.cod for Storm / Storm2 devices. <appname>-bb-50-storm.cod for Blackberry torch. Copy the SignatureTool.jar, sigtool.csk, sigtool.db from the location:" <eclipse_workspace>\temp\<appname>\build" into the above mentioned directories...

View all replies

Information

Publish error "Build is not generated for Blackberry"

Informative prajakt on Oct 25, 2010 09:53 EDT

Following are the steps to get over the error "Build is not generated for Blackberry" 1) Copy the folder <Eclipse Workspace>\temp\<Project Name>\build\luaj2me\blackberry\dist\konyapi-bb-rel as <Eclipse Workspace>\temp\<Project Name>\build\luaj2me\blackberry\dist\konyapi-bb-tw-rel 2) Rename the file <Eclipse Workspace>\temp\<Project Name>\build\luaj2me\blackberry\dist\konyapi-bb-tw-rel\ konyapi-bb-rel.txt as <Eclipse Workspace>\temp\<Project Name>\build\luaj2me\blackberry\dist\konyapi-bb-tw-rel\ konyapi-bb-tw-rel.txt 3) Copy the file <Eclipse Workspace>\temp\<Project Name>\build\luaj2me\blackberry\dist\Scottrade-bb-rel.rapc as <Eclipse Workspace>\temp\<Project Name>\build\luaj2me\blackberry\dist\<appid>-bb-tw-rel.rapc Repeat the above steps everytime you do a clean and build.

View all replies

Information

How to extract values from nested collections

Informative paramatma on Oct 25, 2010 08:11 EDT

e.g. Result = { { name = "Rajesh", phone = "040-32569875", address = { {addr1="Hitech City", addr2="Hyd"}, {addr1="Madhapur", addr2="Hyd"} } }, { name = "Ramesh", phone = "040-66666666", address = { {addr1="Himayatnagar", addr2="Hyd"}, {addr1="Kukatpally", addr2="Hyd"} } } } Solution for idxP, dictP in ipairs(Result) do print("name " .. dictP["name"]) print("phone " .. dictP["phone"]) for idxC, dictC in ipairs(dictP["address"]) do print("Addr1 " .. dictC["addr1"]) print("Addr2 " .. dictC["addr2"]) end end

View all replies

Information

How to launch the blackberry native maps application

Informative paramatma on Oct 25, 2010 07:12 EDT

Use below API to launch the blackberry native maps application: Method name: phone.openmapsapplication Arguments: locationcontext [LuaTable] Parameters locationcontext will be a key-value pairs specific to the underlying platform. Blackberry specific keys: [list=*]       type [string] : xml / kml (only supported for 5.0 and above)             location [string] : Is an XML doc string if type is xml or a...

View all replies

Information

How to implement session idletimeout

Informative paramatma on Oct 25, 2010 06:04 EDT

To implement session idle timeout, we have to do following steps:   Set property "Enable Idle Time Out" to "true" for each form on which session idle timeout to be activated. Call the below API as soon as we login; This API takes 2 arguments - first one is timeoutvalueinminutes and second argument...

View all replies

Information

Blackberry Design Guidelines

Informative on Oct 25, 2010 05:06 EDT

I have prepared the first draft of the “Blackberry Design Guidelines” that we should be aware of and follow when developing Blackberry apps. Below are the areas that we have covered: • User Interface Elements • Device Form Factors • Blackberry OS version support • Integrating with Third Party Libraries and Applications – Binary Library...

View all replies

Information

Nokia's smartphone strategy

Informative on Oct 25, 2010 03:51 EDT

Nokia's latest smart phone N8 isn't a big success. The main reason for the failure is its software. Symbian's user interface isn't designed for touch-screens. But Nokia is good at its hardware, its voice clarity, camera are very very good. Nokia's success on smartphone industry is now depends on MeeGo...

View all replies

Pages