Answered

Barcode reading support in platform

Question asked by on Jul 06, 2011 12:31 EDT

Hi, Have a few questions around barcode reading support in the platform. 1) How mature is the integration for barcode reading? Is this a part of the core platform feature set now? 2) Do we have barcode support available using FFI integration? If so what libraries are we integrating with? E.g. Red laser,...

View all replies

Answered

Format and Format Value

Question asked by bharat.meda on Jul 06, 2011 07:45 EDT

Has someone used the Format and Format Value fields in the service-output section of a service? If so, could you please share few examples of the usage? I have been trying some options but it does not really reflect in the output. Best regards, Bharat

View all replies

Answered

Current orientation of the Device.

Question asked by srinivas.vemula on Jul 06, 2011 07:28 EDT

As part of requirements, we need to show different forms for Portrait and Landscape views. But, before coming to this form, we need to know the current orientation of the device. Is there a way to find this? (Without maintaining a flag throughout the app and tracking it)

View all replies

Answered

appreset API...

Question asked by gandhi.gannamaneni on Jul 06, 2011 05:43 EDT

I understand from API reference guide that invoking appreset API will reset the application. But what exactly happens when i call this API in Lua code? Does all forms get destroyed? or Does it only clear the initializations made in "transactionaldataload" event? For Example, i have assigned a value ("Gandhi") to a...

View all replies

Answered

can we hide total appmenu which was added dynamically to the form.

Question asked by nikhitha.seelam on Jul 05, 2011 05:52 EDT

can we hide dynamic appmenu items to the popup. by using hideappmenuitems(),we can hide only static items.

View all replies

Answered

Porting an Android App to Android Tablet

Question asked by on Jul 05, 2011 03:04 EDT

Our customer is asking about the optimum way of porting an Android app to Android tablet as they do not want to change any layout. They want to launch the app on Tablet with the same layout as Android and go with a new theme for tablets little later in...

View all replies

Answered

callbacks for FFI in 3.0?

Question asked by on Jul 01, 2011 10:39 EDT

Do we now have the ability to have callbacks from FFI or are we still limited to calling the external function and then just waiting for it to complete? or can we raise events in our FFI code and do something in the Kony app in response while still running the...

View all replies

Answered

for selection widgets: difference between masterdata and masterdatamap

Question asked by on Jun 30, 2011 15:33 EDT

I can see both of these collections in Mapping Editor for various selection widgets (combobox, radiobuttongroup, checkboxgroup, etc). What's the difference between them? masterdata makes sense - that's the masterdata that you specified in the Master Data proeprty in the IDE or what you use in code to set the values masterdatamap? not...

View all replies

Answered

Can we get Camera's supported resolutions in BB device?

Question asked by suhas.bhat on Jun 28, 2011 05:12 EDT

Is there a way to obtain a camera's supported resolution in BB? I was going through the BB APIs and i found a CameraControl interface which has a getSupportedStillResolutions() method, but i couldn't get access to a class which implements the above interface via FFI. How to get the above data? This data...

View all replies

Answered

Resource folders - platform specific variants

Question asked by bharat.meda on Jun 28, 2011 04:33 EDT

This is regarding the subfolders under resources for different platforms / devices. Can we create folders under resources other than the ones that are created by the IDE? For example, mobilerichclient/android is created by the IDE. Apparently it is also legal to have folders like “small”, “small_ldpi”, “small_mdpi” under mobilerichclient/android. Kony_Studio_User_Guide document...

View all replies

Pages