Answered

problems with services URL with a "?" in it

Question asked by on May 09, 2011 15:24 EDT

I can connect to this service in our IDE: http://api.remix.bestbuy.com/v1/stores(area(38.89,-77.03,10))?apiKey=qmb9dnkg569rgs5za36camq5 notice that there is a "?" in the URL. At this point, I want to create 2 input parameters called: lat and long so what I want is: http://api.remix.bestbuy.com/v1/stores(area(?lat,?long,10))?apiKey=qmb9dnkg569rgs5za36camq5 but that doesn't work. 2 questions: 1) how do I work around this? 2) how do I see the actual...

View all replies

Answered

Performance of Kony apps vs. Native apps

Question asked by on May 09, 2011 08:07 EDT

Hi, What is the performance hit that we incur in the Kony approach of building apps as compared to building native apps? While in general this is a hard to measure criteria, as there are different ways of building applications using the native API and wrongly designed apps could have significantly higher...

View all replies

Answered

Generate preview cod files for all the models

Question asked by Pavan Kurella on May 09, 2011 01:09 EDT

Currently when we click on preview in the eclipse , its generating the preview cod files only for storm and 4.5 trackball.But we have lot of UI issue in Blackberry 5.0 9330 device and I am not able to do preview for 9330 device as its not available in the...

View all replies

Answered

calling JSON service

Question asked by pranay.upadhyay on May 08, 2011 13:33 EDT

Hello Everybody, Any idea on invoking JSON services. We are working on a project where we need to query functions that are part of JSON service to return us some values Service URL: http://66.11.146.203/otmc/OnTouchService/ Parameters: {"operation":"getStoreWithFlightNum","flight_number":"111","departure_date":"2011-04-22","operator":"AA"} for more clarification please call me Thanks, Pranay

View all replies

Answered

Is it possible to capture the event when app goes into background?

Question asked by kartik.maheshwari on May 06, 2011 09:09 EDT

Our requirement is that some event should be generated when application goes into background ( but is still running) which we should be able to catch and perform some action. Is it possible and feasible ? Any specific platform limitation ?

View all replies

Answered

Samples of how projects have implemented driving directions?

Question asked by riley.rainey on May 06, 2011 08:50 EDT

Team, Does anyone have projects where we've implemented some form of driving directions from the current location to a destination address? Some platforms support real-time voice prompts. Some platforms support text based turn by turn directions. On other platforms this might be supportable only via external callouts to APIs such as Google. I'm...

View all replies

Answered

BlackBerry application has become slow

Question asked by Pavan Kurella on May 06, 2011 08:46 EDT

we got a new code base from a client and the code base was developed previously for Android and TC. Currently our task is to make the same code base to work for BB and Iphone. BB application has become very slow with the new code base, the new code...

View all replies

Answered

Controlling the popup style/skin that comes when we click on a map pin

Question asked by kishore.pudipeddi on May 06, 2011 07:06 EDT

Is there a way to control the style/skin of the popup that comes up when we click on a map pin. We want this on all the rich clients.

View all replies

Answered

Font sizes: percentage to pixels

Question asked by sreekar.joshi on May 06, 2011 06:16 EDT

Hi, How is the font size calculated in Blackberry. When we give font size as 100% in IDE, what would the font size be when it is rendered on device. Is there a scaling factor that we can use so that if we want a font size of 24px, we know what...

View all replies

Answered

Font styles and sizes: percentage to pixels

Question asked by sreekar.joshi on May 06, 2011 06:13 EDT

Hi, How is the font size calculated in Android. When we give font size as 100% in IDE, what would the font size be when it is rendered on device. Is there a scaling factor that we can use so that if we want a font size of 24px, we know what...

View all replies

Pages