Answered

Carrier and device specific information

Question asked by Madhavanjan Achyutha on Jul 12, 2011 04:01 EDT

Can below information be picked up from the application? Can Kony get this information from the device? • Carrier • IMEI (Unique identifier for GSM phones) • MEID (Unique identifier for CDMA phones) • UDID Can we get the above information for all platforms?

View all replies

Answered

Green Bar at the bottom of the app

Question asked by on Jul 12, 2011 01:16 EDT

Hi, We built the app for J2ME. When we launched app in the device, it's displaying a green bar at the bottom of the app. Is there a way to control the color of this bar? When we publish the app, the generic client does not display this but the Nokia...

View all replies

Answered

COD Files are not getting signed

Question asked by kalyan.tadepally on Jul 11, 2011 07:35 EDT

BB COD files are not getting signed today. The error is "Error connecting to web signer from proxy". Looks like the BlackBerry signing servers are down. If anyone of you have any additional information/resolution. Please share.

View all replies

Answered

lua closures in native code gen

Question asked by suhas.bhat on Jul 11, 2011 01:39 EDT

i see the developer portal talk of "lua closures" as a limitation of native code gen. Could you please describe with an example of what the restriction is and what exactly is not supported? The statement as is is unclear.

View all replies

Answered

FFI and native code gen

Question asked by suhas.bhat on Jul 11, 2011 01:31 EDT

I saw the native code gen guidelines state that FFI is incompatible with the same. So does this mean that.. when we use FFI in our projects the generated native code needs to be manually modified to trigger the FFI code and send data back to the app. Can you please explain...

View all replies

Answered

Query on Native Code Generation

Question asked by radhika on Jul 10, 2011 23:19 EDT

There are some Guidelines in the forums for the developers . One among that is •Ensure that all the code is included in a function, i.e., do not write any code before or after a function. That means we should not use snippets? Can we declare the Global variables in the Global variables...

View all replies

Answered

Kony Studio IDE Installation best practices

Question asked by Wes Schiel on Jul 08, 2011 16:06 EDT

A client wishes to know if there is a best practice around deploying KonyStudio workstations. Basically they don't want to have to install all the programs (eclipse, ImageMagick, SDKs, java, etc) each time on each machine and then have to upload a license. They would like to somehow bundle all...

View all replies

Answered

Disabling Thin Client specific logging

Question asked by kalyan.vadlakonda on Jul 08, 2011 05:38 EDT

Is it OK to have the following configuration in middleware-log4j.properties to reduce the verbosity of logging specific to thin client? log4j.logger.com.kony.web=INFO log4j.logger.com.konylabs.api=INFO or could there be any side effects by including these lines? In our case, most of times we would be referring to middleware.log only to see the Service Request and Response.

View all replies

Answered

Control camera resolution

Question asked by suhas.bhat on Jul 07, 2011 09:13 EDT

Is there a means to control camera resolution in BB device. I see some APIs in player, but i don't think they can be used as is? Please confirm. If image size can't be controlled, how to resize the same within FFI code, and return rawbytes back to app. Currently FFI integration...

View all replies

Answered

net.invokeservice API - does it use get or post

Question asked by suhas.bhat on Jul 07, 2011 09:07 EDT

net.invokeservice API - does it use get or post. Is the get/post configurable?

View all replies

Pages