Answered

image compression on camera widget for BB

Questions asked by Prashanthi Malireddy on May 20, 2011 05:15 EDT

Use case: Take a picture of the check (or bill), compress it, convert it to base 64 encoded string and then send it via service (mitek) On Android and iPhone, for compressing an image, we are setting the compression levels on the Camera widget thru IDE. Is there anything similar in BB?

View all replies

Answered

Integration with RSA SecurID

Questions asked by Wes Schiel on May 19, 2011 18:21 EDT

Have we ever integrated with RSA SecurID (or a similar two-factor authentication system) to provide authentication for an application? I assume we would just pass the login and generated key code to an RSA service or API. Can anyone describe details on how this can/does work?

View all replies

Answered

Publishing application binaries / private app store

Questions asked by Wes Schiel on May 19, 2011 17:40 EDT

When we publish applications to the server, is there a way for end users to install applications to their phones from there (like a private app store)? What do we usually do for customers who have an app that they want to control the distribution of (i.e. they only want their...

View all replies

Answered

Radio buttons without groups

Questions asked by on May 19, 2011 13:27 EDT

Why do we only have support for radio buttons in groups? Radio button groups as implemented are limiting in terms of the UI layout as they enforce that groups of radio buttons have to be laid out in a sequence/together in the screen. Grouping radios are in fact a state related...

View all replies

Answered

Dealing with bad certificates

Questions asked by narendra.paladugu on May 19, 2011 08:56 EDT

The client is using SSL certificate issued by Clarica CA. BB is warning users about this untrusted certificate where as iphone is not. Can this be uniform on both BB & Iphone. If not how to get rid of on iphone.

View all replies

Answered

HBox in Segment Section Header is not getting expanded with content

Questions asked by venkata.chigilipalli on May 19, 2011 01:38 EDT

Hi, We are using segment with Section Header and using HBox with an image background for section header. The section header is not getting expanded with the text when the label text wrapped to second line. Please find the attached screen shot for reference and let us know how to expand...

View all replies

Answered

closing the app after determining that user has no Connectivity

Questions asked by narendra.paladugu on May 19, 2011 00:42 EDT

is it possible to close the app after determining that user has no Connectivity. We have a requirement to alert the user about no connectivity and then close the app

View all replies

Answered

Dynamic Images

Questions asked by Wes Schiel on May 18, 2011 16:16 EDT

What are the capabilities of the platform for displaying dynamically downloaded (not from the resources folder) images in a form? Specifically: 1) Can we load an image from a URL into the image (or other) widget? 2) Can we load an image from a service? 3) Do we have any way of dynamically...

View all replies

Answered

Access to the date when Application is launched for the first time

Questions asked by sumanth.mamidi on May 18, 2011 09:00 EDT

Can we identify the date when the user launched Application for the first time, so that we can prompt the user to rate the application based on the time he might have spent on the application. http://www.androidsnippets.com/prompt-engaged-users-to-rate-your-app-in-the-android-market-appirater Can we do the same mentioned in the link, using our product ?

View all replies

Answered

where to look for form functions and variables..

Questions asked by prabhakar.katlakunta on May 18, 2011 07:04 EDT

Hi All, I wanted to make some changes through lua scripting for a form "form1". i wanted to know what are all the functions available for form through coding, so where can i find all these details.

View all replies

Pages